Figure Scale Calculator
Scale Calculator v0.04 (c) 2011
This calculates the scale size of a part/figure
given its real-world size (or its size in a different scale). To use:
To determine the real-world size of a scale part, simply enter the
scale size and scale in the "Original size" and "Original scale" boxes, then
use an "Output scale" of 1:1
- enter the size you know in the "Original size" box
- enter the input scale (or select a scale from the dropdown) in the "Original scale" box
- choose the appropriate units
- enter the output scale (or select a scale from the dropdown)
- choose the output units
- hit "Calculate" to perform the conversion. Simple as that :-)
The drop-down boxes list some of the most common scale terms. Selecting one will
populate the corresponding scale box with the appropriate scale value.
Some common scales (e.g. 15 mm) are treated in a manner that doesn't quite
correspond to their actual scale value - 15 mm is actually 1:122, but is commonly
treated as 1:100. To account for this, both the actual and scale sizes are supplied.
Note that these drop-downs only put a value into the scale box. This value can be edited
and changed if required, and values not in the drop-down can still be entered.